eBay Launches Social Media Integration
eBay has launched a new feature that allows sellers to link their Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest accounts directly to their eBay Storefront.
With the new Social page, eBay sellers can drive traffic to their Storefront using their existing social media accounts, create custom posts, and generate new interest. By adding hashtags and images to showcase their listings, they can grab buyers’ attention and spark engagement.
eBay has also included a performance page that enables sellers to quickly visualise the traffic. It shows the total page visits of their social posts and determines the traffic sources for a specified period. This reporting page is expected to be improved over time to include a broader depth of data points.
The streamlined process will help sellers quickly drive traffic to targeted pages that showcase their listings only, increasing their ability to convert.
Here’s a short guide to creating a post on the new eBay Social page.
eBay sellers need to link at least one social account and then follow the below steps:
- Click on the Create Post button
- Choose which social channels you want to post to.
- Next, choose what you want your post to link to and buyers to visit when they see your post - a listing page, your Store, or a Category page
- Then choose at least one listing you want to have images featured in your post
- On the next page, you can edit your post draft’s images, text caption and hashtags
- Once you’re ready, click the Post button at the bottom of the page