Tambo is a The Global Marketplace Platformthat helps brands and retailers grow their sales on Amazon, whether theyare starting out, looking to expand or simply optimising their current listing to drive performance. We offer a broad range of strategic, optimisation, management and advertising services in the UK and globally.
This is a great opportunity to work, in arguably the most exciting area of e-commerce, with world leading brands, leaders in innovation or fast-growing businesses to help them grow sales both in the UK and internationally.
Tambo is looking for strong software engineers at level II or level III of their career. The entire Tambo business is built around Compass, our intelligent business insight platform. Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will be an integral part of the business helping build and shape this platform as we develop new concepts and transition them to production maturity.
Skills & experience required
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a degree in computer science, STEM or another numerate subject or be
able to show additional commercial experience.
- Have a background of commercial or freelance software development for 2+
(level II) or 5+ (level III) years.
- Have experience developing web applications, data extraction tools, data
pipelines, or ETL processes.
- Be based in the UK or EU and is willing to occasionally travel to attend
networking and team building events (expenses paid for anyone well outside
- Understand the software development life cycle and agile processes.
- Have good communications skills and can express technical challenges in lay-
- Be comfortable working to best practices such as continuous integration and
deployment, monitoring, code reviews, linting, and testing.
- Be familiar with SOLID design principles.
ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will:
- Consult with Product Manager and key stakeholders on product status.
- Consult and Plan work with other engineering staff to agree interfaces and
- Implement agreed features and changes as well as review code written by peers.
- Provide support to customers and internal users if escalated by Product Manager
or Account Managers and fix related bugs.
- Provide reports on progress as part of stand-up meetings and as required.
- Thrive to help the team improve their processes as part of retrospective
- Contribute to peer review processes.
- Pair on occasion with more junior developers.
- Continuously develop their own skills and knowledge as part of projects and our
Learning and Development Time.
Technical Skills Required
A successful candidates should be able to cover a good cross section of the
o Language/Tool Skills:
o Typescript (desired)
o Python (highly desired)
o SQL (required)
o Data Skills (highly desired)
oNumerical Framework such as Numpy, Pandas
oVisualization Frameworks such as D3js, Charting Libraries or BI Tools
oBasic Data Analysis and Data Science skills
oRelational databases such as Postgres
oOther Database/warehouse solutions such as Redshift, AWS Glue, Spark,
AWS Athena, or MongoDB
oBI Tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
o Fronted Development Skills (Desired)
o Backend Frameworks such as Rest, SOAP, or WebSocket
o Frontend Frameworks such as Angular or Django
o Design Frameworks such as Material UI or Bootstrap
o Backend Development Skills (Desired)
o Serverless processes
o Microservices and Event driven development
o Messaging and Task Queues
o Infrastructure Skills (Desired)
o AWS (network security, RDS, Lambda, ...)
o Google Firebase
o Linux Server
o General Skills (highly desired)oVersion Control
oCode documentation tools
Flexible working (1 day per week in our London office)
Technology allowance (£500 to equip yourself for WFH)
25 Days holiday (not including Bank Holidays)
Birthday day off
Cycle 2 Work / Tech Scheme
Personal Development Framework & Plan
5 weeks a year working from anywhere in the world
Working with us
We are committed to investing in and growing each member of the Tambo family. We want you to work where you are happiest; in an ambitious and supportive environment. Everyone is encouraged and given the flexibility to pursue other interests. Technology is at the core of our business, enabling our services, empowering our employees, providing collaboration. A new way of working for people who want to work smarter. Tambo employees are measured on their results and rewarded on performance. Every employee has clear objectives with defined rewards for achievement.
Tambo has offices in London (UK) and Sydney (Australia).