Lead/Senior Data Engineers – Remote UK
Lead/Senior Data Engineers – Remote UK
Tambo is a The Global Marketplace Platform that helps brands and retailers grow their sales on Amazon, whether they are starting out, looking to expand or simply optimising their current listing to drive performance. We offer a broad range of strategic, optimisation, management, and advertising services in the UK and globally.
This is a great opportunity to work, in arguably the most exciting area of e-commerce, with world leading brands, leaders in innovation or fast-growing businesses to help them grow sales both in the UK and internationally.
The entire Tambo business is built around Compass, our intelligent business insight platform.
Compass unifies industry data sources to help us create unique insight for our clients. We are looking a Lead and Senior Data Engineers to help shape our product and development processes.
The successful candidates will:
- Engage with stakeholders to develop ideas, designs, and communicate challenges.
- Communicate your own challenges, task status, and seek support where needed from peers and stakeholders.
- Develop, research and recommend tools, processes for our product development.
- Translate software requirements into working solutions.
- Ensure data is processed efficiently, incompliance with our data governance processes and ensuring the security of all systems you configure.
- Pair with peers and mentor more junior developers.
- Continuously develop their own skills and knowledge as part of projects and our dedicated Learning and Development Time.
- Work in an agile environment, especially with the ability to plan their own work, breaking down the relevant parts of wider epics into tasks that they can estimate and implement.
Lead Developers will also have line management responsibility as well as be required to help define standards in our architecture and best practice processes.
- 3+ years as a Data Engineer or similar data focused role.
- Fluency developing data pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing.
- Strong knowledge designing data pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of Python and at least one other programming language.
- Excellent communications skills.
Candidates will ideally also bring some of the following skills:
- Good knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning techniques as well as maintaining data models.
- Line management Experience.
Competitive depending on experience
Permanent Staff will benefit from:
- Remote working with occasional travel to London
- Technology allowance (£500 to equip yourself for WFH) or a work laptop.
- Birthday day off
- Cycle 2 Work / Tech Scheme
- Personal Development Budget, Framework & Plan
- 5 weeks a year working from anywhere in the world
Our Company values
- CHAMPION: Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve success. The bravery to experiment and to improve the way of doing things.
- CITIZEN: Treating people as you would want to be treated yourself. Considerate to the needs of others and offering support to make their job easier. Always sharing knowledge and offering opinion.
- COURAGE: Taking ownership and strive to be the best you can be in everything you do. Be a leader and ambassador for yourself and for Tambo.
- CHILD: The curiosity and passion for learning as a child. The freedom to Our values guide us through our working day. They influence how we work with each other, who we hire, how we tackle problems, how we make decisions and how we manage relationships with clients and partners. At any time, we are prepared to hold each other to account if we stray from our values. Our business will change and grow, but our values will endure. have fun and express yourself.
Why do our values matter?
Our values guide us through our working day. They influence how we work with each other, who we hire, how we tackle problems, how we make decisions and how we manage relationships with clients and partners. At any time, we are prepared to hold each other to account if we stray from our values. Our business will change and grow, but our values will endure.
Working with us
We are committed to investing in and growing each member of the Tambo family. We want you to work where you are happiest; in an ambitious and supportive environment.
Everyone is encouraged and given the flexibility to pursue other interests.
Technology is at the core of our business, enabling our services, empowering our employees, providing collaboration. A new way of working for people who want to work smarter.
Tambo employees are measured on their results and rewarded on performance. Every employee has clear objectives with defined rewards for achievement.
Tambo has offices in London (UK) and Sydney (Australia).
For more information about Tambo, please visit tambo.io
At Tambo, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Tambo people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment.
We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.