The entire Tambo business continues to be built around our technology, so you will be an integral part of the business helping shape and build the platform at a key stage in our development.
Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will be developing a scalable and reliable platform. We have not completed our core solution yet. Working with us you will embrace acting fast in an innovative and iterative environment within a well-funded scaleup business.
Skills & experience required
- Have 2+ years of experience working in commercial or open-source software development teams or as a freelancer.
- Understand the software development life cycle and agile processes.
- Have good communications skills and can express technical challenges in lay-man’s terms.
- Have a passion for working remotely but also within a team.
- Understand and believe in best practices such as testing, continuous integration and deployment, monitoring systems, code reviews, SOLID design principles
- Develop solutions to obtain data from third party solutions using API’s and web scraping.
- Help maintain and extend the current Tambo Technology platform.
- Write and review documentation and contribute to code reviews.
Technical Skills Required
Tambo uses various technologies, and we understand there is never a complete fit. We are committed to training you, but you should be able to demonstrate experience with a variety of below technologies.
- Hosting on Heroku and AWS (ideally Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS)
- Unit Testing (Jest, mocha)
- Web crawling and web automation
- SQL and relational database systems such as Postgres
- Messaging Queues (Bull/Redis, SQS, RabbitMQ)
- Dashboarding packages (Klipfolio, redash)
- Monitoring and Log Analysis (Cloudwatch, Datadog)
- Front end development in React or similar
- Common documentation tools (Sphynx, TypeDoc, JSDoc)
- Very Competitive and dependent on experience
Working with us
We are a fully flexible employer. There is no fixed location and no pressure to be in the office at a given time. We want you to work where you are happiest; that way you will have the energy and commitment to make Tambo a success.
We work in the same office at least once a month and meet up for social occasions. Everyone is encouraged and given the flexibility to pursue other interests.
Technology is at the core of our business, enabling our services, empowering our employees, providing collaboration. A new way of working for people who want to work smarter.
Tambo employees are measured on their results and rewarded on performance. Every employee has clear objectives with defined rewards for achievement.
At Tambo, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Tambo people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- Free Amazon Prime
- Flexible working
- Technology allowance
- 25 Days holiday
- Birthday day off
- Cycle 2 Work / Tech Scheme
- Personal Development budget & plan
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering note explaining why you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org