The entire Tambo business continues to be built around our technology, so you will be an integral part of the business helping shape and build the platform at a key stage in our development. Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will be developing a scalable and reliable platform. We have not completed our core solution yet. Working with us you will embrace acting fast in an innovative and iterative environment within a well-funded scale-up business.
Skills & Experience required
Tambo is looking for a strong data engineer with a background in developing ETL processes, managing databases/warehouses and integrating BI Solutions to help us build the next generation of E-commerce products. You have ideally been working in this space for a few years.
- Have 2+ years of experience working in commercial or open-source software development or data engineering teams or as a freelancer.
- Understand the software development life cycle and agile processes.
- Have good communications skills and can express technical challenges in lay-man’s terms.
- Have a passion for working remotely but also within a team.
- Have 2+ years of experience developing software with Python and/or Typescript
- Understand and believe in best practices such as testing, continuous integration and deployment, monitoring systems, code reviews, SOLID design principles
As a member of the Tambo family, you will be part of our journey as an ambitious and rewarding startup. Your skills, feedback, passion and drive will help clients and Tambo to grow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain data pipelines converting data extracted by Tambo’s various extraction tools to a reliable and scalable data warehouse.
- Help maintain and extend the current Tambo Technology platform.
- Write and review documentation and contribute to code reviews.
- Communicate requirements and your work with stakeholders and other staff within the business.
Technical Skills Required
Tambo uses various technologies, and we understand there is never a complete fit. We are committed to training you, but you should be able to demonstrate experience with a variety of below technologies.
- Python (Pandas/Pyspark)
- Building data pipelines in AWS (Lambda, RDS, Athena, Glue, RDS, Redshift)
- Data storage techniques such as (Relational Databases, Object Storage, Avro, Parquet formats)
- Messaging Queues (Bull/Redis, SQS, RabbitMQ)
- Dashboarding packages (Klipfolio, redash)
- Monitoring and Log Analysis (Cloudwatch, Datadog)
- Data modelling, Machine Learning methodologies
- Relevant certification in AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Common documentation tools (Sphynx, TypeDoc, JSDoc)
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering note explaining why you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org